Highlighted

Flame Filter not working on paths. How to fix?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am just trying out photoshop and I wanna create something with the flame filter however it is not working even after trying for hours. I made sure I created a new layer for the filter and that it was added onto a path however it still appears greyed out on the screen. I do have a trial copy at the moment, I do not know whether this problem is ocurring because of that or some other reason. I have looked online and a bit through the FAQs however none of the answers/suggestions seem to help me fix the problem. What should be done?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flame Filter not working on paths. How to fix?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am just trying out photoshop and I wanna create something with the flame filter however it is not working even after trying for hours. I made sure I created a new layer for the filter and that it was added onto a path however it still appears greyed out on the screen. I do have a trial copy at the moment, I do not know whether this problem is ocurring because of that or some other reason. I have looked online and a bit through the FAQs however none of the answers/suggestions seem to help me fix the problem. What should be done?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Preferences Performance is Use Graphics Processor checked? If not, check it and restart Photoshop.

If so, please go to Help > System info, press copy and post the info here

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem would not be due to using the trial version. The trial is identical to the regular version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dave's suggestion doesn't fix the problem, try resetting preferences. Preferences in Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If it‘s still not working, can you post a screen shot of your paths panel and your layers panel?

Is your path selected when you go to the Filter menu?

Is the layer a pixel layer, and not a shape layer or type layer or smart object?

If you don’t know how to answer these questions, then just post the screen shots.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry - I'm jumping on this thread.

I'm having the same issue. It's coming up with an error: Read manta buffer error: HRESULT error: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Three folks made suggestions to the OP who originally posted. Which of these have you tried, and what were the results? Also, Dave asked the OP to post the info from Help > System Info into this thread. Please do that as well.

Thank you,

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0