• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus Stacking Issue

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my first time posting and Im sorry if this is the wrong community to post this in but I didnt know where else to look for answears. Im currently having difficulty stacking some images. I would load them into PS as layers from Lightroom and do auto align along with auto blend( Seamless tones and conent aware fill are enabled) but PS focuses on the object in the background as opposed to what the frame is centered on. Is there anyway to tell PS what the focus should be on or do i just have to hand mask it? I also had this happen on another image with a black background.The main subject was blurry and PS ended up pulling up some blues and reds and adding them into the image out of now where. Any help will be great. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without seeing the images your working on. PS has a difficult time selecting certain areas that have little texture. Do the layers auto align? The overall size of each image should change. I tend to crop to the smallest sized image, rather than use content aware. Just to make sure, all the layers you want to align and blend should be selected, and none should be a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to respond, the layers do auto align. Do you crop between blending? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I crop after I align the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-Blend function with which I believe you have problem is automated and you do not have the ability to make manual selection or any other communication as in Content Aware Fill workspace, for example. I can not see your files and problem directly but usually Auto-Blend works good but not perfect. Sometimes I am doing manual corrections here and there but that's rare situations. The only thing you can do to experiment is to turn on/off options which you have in Auto-Blend dialogue and to use Brush tool to bring sharp areas in focus if Ps makes mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to respond, do you use the brush on the final merged layer or on the indiviual ones that Ps masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To correct - remove the merged layer and adjust the masks with a brush (white reveals the layer black hides it).

Then make a new merged layer

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines