Highlighted

FONT Error in Latest Photoshop 21.2.2 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right away, an older document (maybe 8-9 months ago) opened and I needed to change fonts on several text layers. Tried various ways by using T ext tool, just selecting the layer and changing font in the tools and or in the tools along the top. I selected a different font and it immedately gives me "Error with this font, if it continues disable font" One time it gave error about Vector Font (??) conversion. I was able to select text T tool and make one change, then save, close and reopen. Eventually, the error would repete (clear the message dozens of times!) when I tried to save the file (and it wouldn't save changes.)

I quit the app, and opened an older version (21.2.1) and NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE FILE. No errors or drama. 

David

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FONT Error in Latest Photoshop 21.2.2 update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right away, an older document (maybe 8-9 months ago) opened and I needed to change fonts on several text layers. Tried various ways by using T ext tool, just selecting the layer and changing font in the tools and or in the tools along the top. I selected a different font and it immedately gives me "Error with this font, if it continues disable font" One time it gave error about Vector Font (??) conversion. I was able to select text T tool and make one change, then save, close and reopen. Eventually, the error would repete (clear the message dozens of times!) when I tried to save the file (and it wouldn't save changes.)

I quit the app, and opened an older version (21.2.1) and NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE FILE. No errors or drama. 

David

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?