Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font packaging by script?

Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Comm,

I aint a good scripter, nor am I an expert in photoshop. I searched the forum cant find a thing, so I wonder: Why does PS not provide an option to embed fonts or can generate a package (like InDesign)?

I know of extensions out there doing this. But Im looking for a sloppy & free solution in form of a script – I cant imagine this cant be done eg by applescript.

Has anyone tried to achieve this?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can embed fonts in a pdf. Other common formats like TIFF, PSD, JPEG, and PNG don't support or need embedded fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously, InDesign has that feature AND can export to formats, you cant edit anymore. So, when you have an 'open' PSD for smb to edit further on, you do what? Yes, manually get the fonts together. Since this PS-feature is lacking since ages, Adobe cant just rest on 'then use our cloud fonts' or get the asked functinallity from third-party. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines