• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Size issue

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this only in the last couple weeks, but my font size for Photoshop is all messed up. Like before say size 9 for a font would be super small and now? It's regular size. Basically it's what between 10-16 would be normally (which is now extremely large). I have no idea how to fix this, I did look it up and it said something about resetting my settings for whenever I close/open Photoshop, I've done that however it hasn't fixed the issue. Could really use some help on it, hopefully it's just a glitch. I've included a screencap of what font size 9 and 16 look like.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it this way

image.png

resolution 72, resolution 200, resolution 300, resolution 600

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't answer my question and only leaves me with more questions. Is it a resolution issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the resolution you've chosen (or ended up with by accident). And the zoom of course. A point size is NOT fixed on screen, you've just been lucky before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font size is a physical size unit, back from the days of lead typesetting. One point equals 1/72 inch.

Photoshop only works with pixels, not physical sizes. So it has to be translated into pixels, and for that the pixels per inch (ppi) number is used.

In other words, size is relative to ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I just want it to go back to normal, clearly what it's doing is not normal as it's not always been like that and suddenly changed in the last number of weeks. I'd say it did this roughly maybe 2 weeks ago when I updated my photoshop. Right now it says PT next to the size, do I change the pt to px?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal, and it is working.

Open the Image Size dialog. What is the resolution of the document? What is the ppi number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal, you just have been lucky enough not to see it before. Until you accept this is entirely normal, you aren't going to know how to reliably get things to work the way you want. We have no idea what settings, or hardware, or system, you were using two weeks ago, and why and how they got changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolution of the document is 72. Image size is in pixels, which I've never touched. I've always had it at 72 resolution. Only thing I'll change is the width/height of the image for whatever size I need it to be and I've always used pixels. I couldn't find what the PPI number was though. I've been using Photoshop for years and this has never happened before, so I'm finding it a little hard to believe that it's "normal". But if I've gotta adapt to it, then so be it. I was just curious as to why it suddenly changed. Btw I didn't see your initial reply Test Screen Name, sorry. As far as zoom? I've always had it at 100% 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Now make another document at, say, 300 ppi - but otherwise identical - and try the same font size there.

I'm not saying what happens because I want you to see it for yourself 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines