• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I re-download the different adobe fonts, when my old computer crashed and I have had to purchase a new computer. I have re-installed CS5. But a lot of my brushes and fonts are all missing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install them again there is no other way....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that, but where in the adobe website do you go? Do they even have the downloads anymore? Or the updates for the old software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you backed up your system, you could retrieve them from the backup. If not, see if you can go into your Adobe account and look for the purchase history for your fonts. You can re-download since you bought a license for them. As for your brushes, you could check where you got those from. Otherwise, no backup...they are gone. If you have files that used the Adobe fonts, Photoshop will ID the missing fonts.

Sadly a lot of users are out of luck when they don't back up. I know, my old hard drive quit. I only had to learn that lesson once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I lost everything. I even had files backed up on external hard drives. It was my external hard drive which died a day before my computer blue screened. I lost both within a week. The Photoshop file I had of a book cover I had been working on, was saved on a memory stick, Adobe photoshop does not recognise the fonts I had used and changed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC you are asked to resolve missing fonts but unless you edit the type you keep your orginal fonts, so I don't know how CS5 would substitute without asking.

If the revised copy wasn't on your memory stick, you can copy the book cover to your drive  and try this: https://superuser.com/questions/410744/replace-missing-font-with-font-of-my-choice-in-photoshop-cs5

Also CS5 updates are here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fonts come from all over. Ignoring the current online "Adobe Fonts" for subscribers, some were installed with apps. Some were on-CD bonuses, you need the CD. Some were font packages sold, from single fonts to Font Folio. You need the disk or a backup for these, no replacement download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Duplicate post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly why a full backup or clone of the system drive is needed, not just the project data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines