• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

foreground to transparent gradient not working

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I redraw my gradient it adds to the gradient rather than creating a new one. Help! I don't have the multiply blending mode selected so that is not the problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

If you're using a partial transparent gradient, that's what it will do: not cover up the section that is transparent in the new gradient. You need to delete the old gradient first. If your gradient didn't have transparency, then it should cover up the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

As already stated by @Chuck Uebele  that is what gradient with transparency will do. Area that is transparent will remain transparent, actually Gradient will not paint (not remove color beneath). Gradient is not painting transparency, only colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a partial transparent gradient, that's what it will do: not cover up the section that is transparent in the new gradient. You need to delete the old gradient first. If your gradient didn't have transparency, then it should cover up the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. I didn’t realize this. I thought my partially transparent gradient would simply redraw like the solid gradients. I was so puzzled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated by @Chuck Uebele  that is what gradient with transparency will do. Area that is transparent will remain transparent, actually Gradient will not paint (not remove color beneath). Gradient is not painting transparency, only colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Have you tried using a Gradient Layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines