• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Stuff

Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long have those little applets been hiding there in the bottom right corner of a post window?  If I'm told that they have always been there, I might just give up as I am obviously becoming past it.

They are really useful.  You can only user them when replying to an existing post, and I don't know how the 'Mention' one is populated, but this is what I see.  Some of those are obviously forum regulars, and people I interact with and swap PMs, but I don't remember jackies37726291.  By clicking to add any of those users, we know they will be sent an email notification, so it's a quick and easy way to request a person's input.

!App triggers this pop-up, and I am nervous about clicking on the links.  Do other people see the same thing BTW?

Search and embed an image appears to check the Wikipedia page for the search term, and show all the images from that page, so not a great way to look for visual content.  I was half afraid it would search Adobe Stock, and charge me for any images I clicked on.

This is what Form brings up.  I tried Create a New Form, and the next page was not in any way intuitive, but there are help pages so it could conceivably be useful.  But unless the form generated is interactive with fields other folk can fill in, we'd be better using Photoshop or Excel InDesign etc.

This stayed on my screen for about a minute before I got bored and gave up.

So !App is not very useful, but @mention certainly is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've probably been there forever - but I can't say I've ever noticed them or clicked on them

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think they have been there forever, but I never thought to click them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seen them there before but hadn't a clue what they where for now I know, thanks Trevor

Not forum related LOL, flying to Asia tomorrow for a five week holiday, happy days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a great break Ged

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Dave, I'm so looking forward to it

See you all when I return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ged2016  wrote

Not forum related LOL, flying to Asia tomorrow for a five week holiday, happy days

Best not to diss Kim un while you out there.  Mind you, depending on what part of Ireland you are from, he would understand you anyway.  Have a great trip, and bring back lots of pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor

Will do with the pics when I figure out to work my simple camera

I assume it's point and click and hope for the best LOL

Oh BTW do you guys know what's great about the forum my post don't go into moderation any more, happy days I know it's the silly things in life that make you happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis​,

nice sandbox.

1398983350.png
You're a genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy moly, Trevor.Dennis​ . I feel like I've seen them there, but have also never clicked them.

Since you already earned a genius award, how about a beer?

Props to Trevor.Dennis: Beer!

1398983351.png
I owe you a beer!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder  wrote

Holy moly, Trevor.Dennis  . I feel like I've seen them there, but have also never clicked them.

Since you already earned a genius award, how about a beer?

Props to Trevor.Dennis : Beer!

1398983351.png
I owe you a beer!

~Barb

Thank you Barbara.  So that's the Props thing works.  Looking at it on the Jive Apps Market Place page, there appears to be a control panel that I, at least, am not seeing.

That limits us to the few supplied props — not that this is desperately important, but if the gadgets are there, we want them to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha. Thank you Trevor.Dennis and normally, yes that would be a great way to get around. I‘m at 8,000’ above sea level and it should be cold and snowy right about now. Instead I was out hiking in a long-sleeved T-shirt today. It’s crazy this year.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines