• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame script shows frame when running from File menu but not from action

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written a nice script to add a frame to my photographs.  The script presents a dialog to the user, where he can select all of the parameters of the frame.  When the "Draw Frame" button is clicked, the frame is drawn.  The dialog remains visible, and there is a "Reset Frame" button the user can click if he doesn't like the result and wants to try again.  I recorded an action to invoke this script and assigned a keyboard shortcut to the action.

When I run the script from the Files | Scripts menu item, it works fine.  When I run the script through the action, the frame does not appear until I close the dialog window.  That makes it harder for the user to redo the frame if necessary.  How can I get the frame to appear before the dialog closes when running my script as an action?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to record the script into an action just to assign a shortcut key. Shortucts can be directly assigned to an installed script and are easier on the fingers than when recorded into an action.

Install the script in the application/program presets > scripts folder:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Then setup the keyboard shortcut against the installed script:

Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I saw no way to use Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts to create a shortcut to run a specific script file.  If there is such a way, could you please explain it?  

I created the action to run the script file because it is possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to an action.  However, as I described in my post, when I run the script through the action, the resulting frame is not shown until I close the script's dialog box and the action completes.  I need the frame to be displayed before the dialog box is closed so that the user will have a chance to adjust it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, I am blind.  I didn't drill down far enough in the Keyboard Shotcuts menu.  So, I don't need the action at all, and this entire thread is pointless.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I wish there was a way to delete a comment.  When I click on the More, all I get is a skinny, empty rectangle.  It's supposed to be a popup menu, but the menu is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There it no need to remove and or delete anything in thjis conversation.

So it will remain as is so it may help other users in the future. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines