• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Transform Aspect Ratio [Aspect ratio remains linked even when Maintain Aspect Ratio is unticked]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I updated Photoshop to the latest version. I noticed that the Free Transform tool now has the linked aspect ratio as the default selection, however, even when I unclick the link button, the aspect ratio remains linked. Using the shift button does work to unlink them. Is it a bug that the button is not working? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for tip, I can now amend without it constraining the shape  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 weeks. The bug is still here. It's a basic behaviour which is broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't even access these folders:

1 - //Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/
2 - Go > Home > Library > Preferences > Adobe Photoshop 2019 Settings

Seriously, what do we (your clients for years) need to do to get this fixed??? I really can't work with this "improvement/new feature" of yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use a Mac However Apple like Microsoft likes you hide files from users, You need to learn how to use finders to view and change your hidden files. They are your files you should be able to access them and change them. Its Apple most likely in this case you need to learn OSX better.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that if it is software" preferences, maybe it should be able to change in "preferences"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem. Stupidly enough, holding shift allows you to free transform without the aspect ration locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't talking about Free Transform, I was talking about TRANSFORM SELECTION!!! Which had no instructions in Help or Forums about. I found out from another user you have to hold down the SHIFT KEY in order to NON-Proportionally Transform Selection! ALL Adobe Staff is misunderstanding THIS!! TRANSFORM SELECTION! NOT SCALING IMAGES!

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 4.50.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new changed transform operation is for most layer types.  Not Shape layers perhaps not text layer.  I did not read anything about selections.  I reverted transform using the PSYserConfig option to the old way so transform would work in a consistent manner.  I'm a dyslexic I do not need Adobe  help to be dyslexic.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to PSD 2017.

The staff feeback isn't "a wee oversight" this is a popular tool, well for me anyway...get the basics right???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just discovered this 'improvement' and my biggest gripe is that when scaling proportionately, it doesn't snap to grid, but when scaling un-proportionately, it does.

This forces me to manually try to scale proportionately, which is incredibly fiddly and time consuming.

I think the UX team should speak to and consult with working professionals, rather than directly to engineers. This decision doesn't make sense, why would you not snap to grid or even give an option to enable it.

Grid snapping rules have always been inconsistent and fiddly, I'd like to see these ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines