• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free transform causes % CPU spike when working with animation frames

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a storyboard in Photoshop, I'm making use of the frame animation function to do so.  When using free transform I am noticing a spike in the % CPU (up to around 85%).  When I commit the changes, I see all the frames on the timeline (frames that don't even have this layer visible) go blank and then reappear.

The images I'm resizing are very simplistic, and once again, are hidden on all but one frame.  I'm not sure why they would cause the cpu increase and the refreshing of all the frames.  I was wondering if there are any preferences or performance settings tweaks that could help with this issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photoshop 21.1.3

iMac (Mid 2011)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, actually Photoshop is not animation software you should go with the after-effects for such things...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines