• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Transform Help.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an piece of work from a photo I vectorised in Illustrator and brought into Photoshop, It is on a transparent background and the paint bucket, for example seems to work as normal. However, when I try to resize the image using free transform, no handles appear and I cannot resize but if I drag on part of the illustration the whole layer seems to move and the (one) colour I used in my illustartion seems to be a background colour underneath the transparent layer containing my picture. Hope this makes sense as I am a bit of a beginner. Thank you for any advice on how I can free transform my image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

»brought into Photoshop«

What is that supposed to mean – did you place the image as a Smart Object, copy/paste as a Smart Object, convert the ai, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I haven't explained it well, as I said I am a beginner. Yes I placed the image as a smart object from AI initially, using copy and paste. I've enclosed a screenshot of what I tried to describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible

And please post the image on the Forum directly using the »Insert Photos« button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default7dhe9p9360fz 

I'm trying to understand your workflow:

• You created a piece of work from a photo. Was that a scan? Or???
  • Did you use Image Trace in Illustrator and Expand to make a Group or use the Pen tool?
    Why are you not coloring it in Illustrator?
  • How did you bring it into Photoshop?
    Is it a Smart Object? Is it one raster layer or multiple layers?
  • When you use Cmd+T for Free Transform, do you get the options bar? If so, zoom out, as one possibility is the image is larger than the canvas.

Show a screen shot if you want us to see what you are seeing. Include the Layers panel and options bar.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines