Highlighted

Free Transform in 21.2.1

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since downloading this latest update, the Free Transform tool has reverted to legacy behaviour ie I have to hold down the Shift key to constrain proportions. I have checked the prefs and the 'revert to legacy' box is definitely unchecked. Can anyone suggest what is going on?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Free Transform in 21.2.1

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since downloading this latest update, the Free Transform tool has reverted to legacy behaviour ie I have to hold down the Shift key to constrain proportions. I have checked the prefs and the 'revert to legacy' box is definitely unchecked. Can anyone suggest what is going on?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no »Free Transform Tool« in Photoshop. 

Have you clicked the »Maintain Aspect Ratio«-icon the the Options Bar while transforming? 

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 14.58.38.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 1
m5heath LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about slow response - I didn't get an email notification. You are right, the »Maintain Aspect Ratio« icon was toggled off. However there has been much coverage over the fact that the default transform behaviour  in Photoshop has been changed to maintaining the aspect ratio but with the latest update the default seemed to have been changed. No big issue but not what I was expecting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0