Free Transform Shift Key Feature

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm aware that the shift key feature in Free Transform has changed since 2019 and I'm ok with that.

Meaning - without holding shift key, proportions stay the same ... with holding it, proportions change.

Here is the strange thing:

All of a sudden it went back to the old behaviour / the opposite...?!?!? ... pre 2019

In Preferences "Legacy" function is NOT checked.

Any Ideas?

Tyhanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

The second place to look is in the options bar after you hit Cmd+T. There is a link icon in between the Width and Height controls. When it is on, the W&H are proportional; when it is off, they distort. Try clicking it to toggle the behavior.

~ Jane

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Free Transform Shift Key Feature

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm aware that the shift key feature in Free Transform has changed since 2019 and I'm ok with that.

Meaning - without holding shift key, proportions stay the same ... with holding it, proportions change.

Here is the strange thing:

All of a sudden it went back to the old behaviour / the opposite...?!?!? ... pre 2019

In Preferences "Legacy" function is NOT checked.

Any Ideas?

Tyhanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

The second place to look is in the options bar after you hit Cmd+T. There is a link icon in between the Width and Height controls. When it is on, the W&H are proportional; when it is off, they distort. Try clicking it to toggle the behavior.

~ Jane

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

that's it!

I had to look first ... options bar changes with every tool.

But, yes, the little link symbol, which is usually "on".

That did the trick.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Tele55 , I'm glad it's working for you now. 😊

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0