Highlighted

Freeze when using pen tool

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
I'm having issues with photoshop after using the pen tool. About 4-5 click points in photoshop freezes, and the pen tool reverts to an inactive cursor that does nothing. The strange thing is that PS doesn't crash, so no crash report is generated. It doesn't even come up as "(Not Responding)" when I go to force quit PS.

I've recently upgraded to an iMac Pro and I'm running a BenQ SW2700 Display (2k) as the second monitor with the Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB graphics Card, so I don't think it's a GPU problem, though I could be wrong.

I've recorded my screen as it happens in the attached clip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Freeze when using pen tool

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
I'm having issues with photoshop after using the pen tool. About 4-5 click points in photoshop freezes, and the pen tool reverts to an inactive cursor that does nothing. The strange thing is that PS doesn't crash, so no crash report is generated. It doesn't even come up as "(Not Responding)" when I go to force quit PS.

I've recently upgraded to an iMac Pro and I'm running a BenQ SW2700 Display (2k) as the second monitor with the Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB graphics Card, so I don't think it's a GPU problem, though I could be wrong.

I've recorded my screen as it happens in the attached clip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue on the iMac (Photoshop 21.2.1), any solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, unfortunatly no fix as yet. It still happens from time to time, but at the moment not as frequent.
I've recieved ZERO help from Adobe BTW. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. Same specs. Any fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly no fix as yet. It still happens from time to time, but at the moment not as frequent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can still save the file, or if i have other files open i can still continue to work on those, but the one that freezes just won't work. Very annonying when you spend alot of time clipping photos. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlomeli33, unfortunatly no fix as yet. It still happens from time to time, but at the moment not as frequent.
It's very frustrating, please keep me in the loop if you find anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is Ps updated to 21.2.3?

Did you try to reset the pen tool (right-click on its icon on the option bar) or to reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am on 21.2.3 and I have already tried resetting the preferences to no avail.
I'll give your other suggestion a go too and post back with the results.

Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0