• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing Mac

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I experience problems while using lightroom and photoshop simultanious. My app memory is running out very quickly when i do this. Any suggestions ?

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Which version of Photoshop and Lightroom are you using and how much installed RAM do you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the latest versions from both of them and i have 64G of RAM installed. Photoshop version 22.4.1 and lightroom version 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have preset syncing enabled in Photoshop's Preferences > General ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is this what you mean ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - and it answers my question - you don't have that enabled.

Can you go to Preferences >Performance and confirm how much memory is allocated to Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i work wit rather big PSD files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question, with Photoshop and Lightroom open can you check Photoshop Preferences >  Scratch disks and see how much free space is shown

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't see anything wrong in the system settings you showed and you have plenty RAM and disk space available. I would normally expect to see a lot of scratch disk used by Photoshop with possible slow downs before any out of memory issue.

Do you get any error message from either application or the operating system?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it says " you ran out of appmemory"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth posting in the Lightroom forum to see if anyone there has any ideas from a Lightroom view.

If not, I would post at the link below which is monitored by Adobe developers, giving full details of your system and the issue.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

There is a thread there already where an Adobe staff member asks user to check for a catalogue corruption that can lead to high memory use

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-serious-memory-leak...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave,

I will consider it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share information regarding your systems and software versions. This will enable others to assists.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the latest versions from both of them and i have 64G of RAM installed. Photoshop version 22.4.1 and lightroom version 10.2. I work with an iMac 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines