Highlighted

Frosted glass filter

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

My question is; is there any definition to the degree of frosted glass, what distortion mean? How is frosting characterised? Can the material in Photoshop be edited in software such as Radiance?
How can I make a separated layer for frosted glass and save as png?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frosted glass filter

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

My question is; is there any definition to the degree of frosted glass, what distortion mean? How is frosting characterised? Can the material in Photoshop be edited in software such as Radiance?
How can I make a separated layer for frosted glass and save as png?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This filter operates in a similar fashion to the Distort > Displace filter. You can load any .PSP file for the texture by clicking on the little triangle next to a grid, to the right of the Distortion control.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»How can I make a separated layer for frosted glass and save as png?«

You can apply the Filter as a Smart Filter and hide/show that as needed to save copies off of the file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0