Highlighted

Generate Normal Map still not working in PS 21.2.1

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Generate Normal Map" still isn't working. Nothing happens when I select it, other than the image reloading. 

I know others had this problem, and resetting PS's preferences seemed to work for them. It only works for me if I reset the preferences EVERY TIME I reopen Photoshop, and even then I only get one map per session to work. 

This is a huge wrench in my workflow and I wish Adobe would address it, as it's happening to a lot of people, across various versions. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Generate Normal Map still not working in PS 21.2.1

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Generate Normal Map" still isn't working. Nothing happens when I select it, other than the image reloading. 

I know others had this problem, and resetting PS's preferences seemed to work for them. It only works for me if I reset the preferences EVERY TIME I reopen Photoshop, and even then I only get one map per session to work. 

This is a huge wrench in my workflow and I wish Adobe would address it, as it's happening to a lot of people, across various versions. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear that maps are not generating in Photoshop. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying.

I get the following error generating normal maps with the graphics processor turned off:
Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.13.33 PM.png

In case it helps, here is my graphic card info, plus the default settings I'm using:

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.14.10 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Photoshop CC2019 and 2020 are EXTREMELY BUGGY.

I have the latest macbook Pro with the AMD Radeon Pro GPU and other apps run just fine.

100% software glitch.

Photoshop obviously requires the graphics processor to run this feature. Turning it on and off DID NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE. Where is the SUPPORT??????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0