Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generic icons with Ps CC 2020

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or not but I upgraded to the new Ps 2020 and now my icons are showing generic icons instead of the actual preview picture itself. I had already been using the new upgrade without any problems but two days ago, the icons in Ps stopped displaying the picture and started displaying the generic icons. I had checked to make sure the "show preiew option" is checked. I've had to revert back to the 2019 Ps and it displays the picture preview correctly. I'm including pictures so that ya'll can see what system i have and what OS I am using. Ive looked through all that I can on the internet and forums but I cannot find much that relates to my sitution. The only thing that has helped is reverting back to the 2019 CC Ps. The generic icons you see on the desktop have always displayed that way so I'm not worred about that. When I create a shortcut to a website, that is the way it's always displayed. I've got pictures here of Ps previews with the upgrade to 2020 which are generic and I have a picture that showing what the preview picture is for CC2019. There is nothing else I can do but revert back to CC2019 to get the preview pictures in Ps to display correctly. I just wanted to let Adobe know that this is happening. I've installed and uninstalled the CC2020, reluanched the Finder, rebooted my computer and nothing works but reverting back to CC2019. If the apple store was opened, I'd go there and let them look at everything but of course its' not. Even when I upgraded to CC2020, the preview icon of the pictures are showing correctly but they do not when I open them in Ps. I'm thinking I just need to wait for a bug fix. Nothing I've done so far has worked and I don't think I need to be jumping hoops in order to make it work other than unchecking or checking a box and checking setting. Adobe needs to just be aware of this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, It's all over the web. I've tried everything and I mean everything. Apple blames PS and PS blames Apple. If I do quick view they come on, but if I close the window and open it again it's back to go. A major pain in the workflow not to be able to see all the files as pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines