Highlighted

geometry

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop 7

In the image provided i want the "petals" of this "color wheel flower" to all be equal in size and not overlap.

Note that the pure yellow, red and blue petals are smaller.  I started with a triad of circles of these three. Obviously, if i rotate a copy of the triad 50% opaque layer by 45 degrees i'm going to get a smaller "petal"shape where they overlap.  The next cumulative color (scale) petal is created by another 50% opaque layer rotated rotated 45 degrees but 45 + 45 = 90 degrees, so i get that this "petal" will be larger.

What can i do so all petals are equal and don't overlap?

Is this a geometry issue? A lot of geometry issues can be solved in Photoshop (7)0 08-17-20 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

geometry

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop 7

In the image provided i want the "petals" of this "color wheel flower" to all be equal in size and not overlap.

Note that the pure yellow, red and blue petals are smaller.  I started with a triad of circles of these three. Obviously, if i rotate a copy of the triad 50% opaque layer by 45 degrees i'm going to get a smaller "petal"shape where they overlap.  The next cumulative color (scale) petal is created by another 50% opaque layer rotated rotated 45 degrees but 45 + 45 = 90 degrees, so i get that this "petal" will be larger.

What can i do so all petals are equal and don't overlap?

Is this a geometry issue? A lot of geometry issues can be solved in Photoshop (7)0 08-17-20 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this

• draw a shape the press Command/Ctrl + Alt/Opton + “T”  (Mac/PC)
  • displace the center point down (shift to stay on line)

Capture d’écran 2020-08-22 à 10.40.58.png

• Enter the angle i.e. 45 then validate or enter

Capture d’écran 2020-08-22 à 10.48.31.png

• Press Command/Ctrl + Alt/Option + Shift + “T” as many times as wanted petalsCapture d’écran 2020-08-22 à 10.48.55.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 2