Highlighted

Get a blue ink look like on the photo?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

does someone knows a method to convert a normal picture into this blue ink look in photoshop:
Example PictureExample Picture

Big Thanks to everyone of you!

Greetings

Leon

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Get a blue ink look like on the photo?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

does someone knows a method to convert a normal picture into this blue ink look in photoshop:
Example PictureExample Picture

Big Thanks to everyone of you!

Greetings

Leon

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the inquiry quickly and this post does not apply. Just one of those days.

(Content deleted, -- Moderator)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple black & white conversion followed by applying a tint will do. Getting the paper texture to look would be the only tricky thing here - if it's even required.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use a Duotone. Convert to grayscale, then convert to Duotone and select a blue and an off-white and adjust the curves for each. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/duotones.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 1
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are referring to the variation in color and texture most noticeable (in enlargement) in dark areas of the images. For an imperfect simulation of the actual effect of ink on textured paper I suggest you go to Google Images and key in “textured paper background.” Select a texture pattern, alter its color, lighten its tone and use it is an overall surface pattern in a layer.

On a layer above the texture layer Fill with a chosen color with the blending mode set to Color and the layer set to Multiply. If you are familiar with Lab Color you may choose to then change the prominence of the texture by altering the Lab Lightness Curve.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon,

I rescind my comment and agree with Norman's excellent advice.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0