Highlighted

Getting a program error while opening PSD files in Photoshop 21.2.1.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
ever since the update to v 21.2.1 I constantly get problems with opening psd and psdc files. Like, I'm working for a while, save it and close Ps and when I start it again I get Can't opet file because of the program error. Than I have to open it wih older version and resave it if I wan't to work on it with new version. Did anyone experience that problem? 

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Getting a program error while opening PSD files in Photoshop 21.2.1.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
ever since the update to v 21.2.1 I constantly get problems with opening psd and psdc files. Like, I'm working for a while, save it and close Ps and when I start it again I get Can't opet file because of the program error. Than I have to open it wih older version and resave it if I wan't to work on it with new version. Did anyone experience that problem? 

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear that you're getting a program error while opening PSD files in Photoshop 21.2.1.

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
Sorry for the late response.  Restoring the preferences didn't help. Every here and than I get an: because of the program error message, either for mirroring the canvas, or saving as .psdc file, or openning files. Really anoying stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind updating Photoshop to the latest version 21.2.2 and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines