• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting an error message while using the history brush tool in Photoshop on Windows.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i have issue i add mask layer but when i try use history brush i get error plzz can some one help i look all through net still cant find 1 to help me help.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that you're getting an error message " Could not use history brush because the history state lacks a corresponding channel " while using the using the History brush tool. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is the Windows version? Does the problem occurs while working on a particular file or file type? 

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/could-not-use-history-brush-because-the-history-state-lacks... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using creative cloud on 1 week trial im on windows 10 i tried the steps but i dont get it is there a video that i can watch or someone that can remote acess me and show me its been about 9 hours still in same part i have no clue with photoshop im just going off what i saw on youtube know that not a pic the back ground is but everthing else is with rectangles and text could u make a tutorial doing what i want to do where the  rectangle is i wont to remove the eclipse not whole lot just the bit under the rectangle sorry but i lean better with videos then messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why you trying to Paint into the Layer Mask on your shape layer with the History Brush? What is the Tutorial Step doing?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines