Exit

Getting "update text layers" every time and font appearance changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Issue.gif

Better Quality: https://youtu.be/yHsBtXHUcT0

I am getting "Some text layers needs to be updated" every time I reopen a file with a specific font, if I choose to Update, the text becomes weird thin italic looking. If I don't choose to update, the same happens when I try to edit the layer or export a PDF.

• As far as I have noticed, this happens only with SF Pro
  • Only for weights except Regular
  • If I open the same PSD in Illustrator, it works fine
  • I have tried to reinstall the Font (downloaded from Apple), and Photoshop
  • I have tried to reset Preferences and also tried to delete "CT Font Cache" and "FontFeatureCache" folders from Application Support
  • I have two machines and it happens on both (both are macOS Catalina)
  • Photoshop is 22.1.0

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact issue. Photoshop update to 22.1.1 seems to have fixed this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same exact issue. To make things even stranger, this is happening with a font that´s not installed on my system. I have Windows 10 fresh installed on a new computer, and the font "Source Code Pro" is not installed on my PC.

When I create a PSD in Photoshop, this font IS available inside Photoshop. So, I choose "Regular Source Code Pro" to make my design, and later, save and close the document. When I open it again, I'm getting "Some text layers needs to be updated" and if I press OK, all text converts to italics! And the problem is not fixed as robr78295089 mentioned, because my Photoshop version is 22.4.2

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines