• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Script alert in PS from Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "edit in PS" from Lightroom I get the following Script Alert in PS:  "IOError: General Photoshop error occurred.  This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. -<no additional information available<" 

I am in the latest PS 22.3.0.  PS will not function at this point.  Anything I try to do gives me the further error message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What script through that error and where is the script  did the error occur? Did Photoshop start? If the Message window title was Script Alert what script was running.  I do not Install Lightroom so I do not know the linkage between LR and PS. It sounds like you initiated a Photoshop edit from Lightroom. How did a Photoshop Script get involved in this Processing?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, you can edit in PS.  Often you need PS to do things that LR will not do.  Like cloning is much better in PS. So when PS appears, I get this error message.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a bug in 22.3.  I went back to 22.2, and there is no problem with this version.  Adobe, please advise as to when this bug will be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no reply on this fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with version 22.3.  I will uninstall and go back to 22.2.

2021-03-31 18_36_05-© 20210331-2107.CR3 @ 100% (RGB_16_).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a typical error you well get when you run a script or play an action on a document the  does not meet some requirement.  The process try to to do some Photoshop step and a required element is missing so the function is not available.   An example would be the step requires an active selection and there is no active selection for a prior step in the Action or script failed to make the required selection or the user failed to make and active selection before running the Script or playing the action.   If you post the script text source and the document the script failed to be process someone may be able to see where processing went wrong.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's a script generated by Lightroom when you edit in Photoshop, so I have no idea. I didn't create a script. It worked before Photoshop version 22.3 so I suspect it's a bug with 22.3. I uninstalled 22.3 and reinstalled version 22.2 and now it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not install LR but I don't believe LR has a feature that would generate a Photoshop Scripts. Or to have Photoshop run a script on some files LR passes to Photoshop for editing.

Bridge has a Tools menu  where one tool is Photoshop that you select a script like Image Processor  for Photoshop to run. Menu Tools>Photoshop>ScriptName.  When Photoshop Run the script  the Script will userBridge Talk to retrieve the files list from Bridge to process.

So the script should be on your system post it and the Files LR Passed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines