• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting updates without keeping Big Sur

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I cannot get to anyone at Adobe for a support question, I will post it here.

Is there any way possible to continue to get PS and LR updates (subscription) without upgrading to Big Sur?

Apple screwed up this operating system, I have so many problems that havent been addressed and this is the absolutely worse OS that Mac has ever made.  I have made the decision to wipe my HD and install Mojave instead, never to upgrade again.

However, if I do that I believe I am stuck with an older version of the Adobe products as well, if that is the case I will have to move away from using Adobe and replacing it with something else.

Does anyone here know if the updaes fail?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Looks like my T2 chip was causing the problems, I updated to Catalina and now all is well.  Some things you just cannot do with a Apple anymore.  This is my last one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I thing the Big Sur update is not mandatory for Adobe sotfware. 

Many people nowadays work with Mojave or Catalina.

At some point Adobe program may required an OS upgrading, but they continue to work anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is not true.  My Creative Cloud now indicates that updates cannot be applied without having Big Sur.

Oh well, Guess I will be using a different app and cancelling my subscription to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My Creative Cloud now indicates that updates cannot be applied without having Big Sur."  Please show the EXACT message you get, and when you get it. Big Sur is NOT a requirement for any Adobe app except certain beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-26 um 11.14.17.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-03-26 um 11.14.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the OS do you have?

The minimum system requirements are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that message does not mention Big Sur. It just says the update is not compatible with what you have at the moment. What exact version of Mac OS is this screen shot taken on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try after the machine does all its updates, perhaps CC doesn’t know that this is version 14??Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-26 um 11.22.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-26 um 11.38.11.png

Your screendumps are not very helpful as they show nothing. Does your Mac still support Mojave or do you have a patched one? Would be good to have more information. My iMac still runs the latest Mojave with latest Cloud and and Photoshop 22.2 (going back because of several bugs of 22.3). Why you don't show more of the error msg (click the three dots)? Are you logged in to adobe? Is a firewall blocking any connections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rather assumed you had gone back just to Catalina. Still, Photoshop should install on Mojave (10.14). Do you meet all of the system requirements? For example RAM, GPU with minimum RAM and Metal support... ? https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If you show the whole of "About this Mac" screen shot, instead of just the headline, it will answer some, not all, of these questions. Mask the serial number if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still waiting for the. updates to finish

About mac .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like my T2 chip was causing the problems, I updated to Catalina and now all is well.  Some things you just cannot do with a Apple anymore.  This is my last one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines