• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GIANT Marching Ants in a Bounding Box

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a recent Photoshop upgrade (don't remember which one), the marching ants in my selections are huge and very distracting. In some cases, when I apply a selection as a mask, I also get a bounding box. It doesn't seem to do anything, but I also can't get rid of it. I hope you can see the attachment. I would like to return to regular marching ants and no bounding box. In a google search, I found two suggetions:

1. Try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop

2. Try using the "Legacy" option

I tried the first one, which didn't change anything and my image wanted to "strobe" so I quickly reset it. My Performance preferences state that "Legacy" is no longer available.

Anybody???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac or a PC. Why is the transform box around the layer not the selection?

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for responding.
I use a PC but have never had this trouble before. My marching ants were always a normal size until recently.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about the bounding box. I was taking an online PS course and following an instructor. I was creating a Color Range Mask using Skin Tones. I made the selection and clicked OK. The attachments show my Instructor's result (attachment 1) and my result by following his actions exactly (attachment 2).
This has happened in other instances as well. I did query the instructor, who found the same information I did about preferences. He is flummoxed by this one.
Thoughts?

Robin Eshleman
Senior Project Facilitator

VMDO Architects
Charlottesville, VA | Washington, DC
vmdo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I discovered that I had last used the Move tool when I created the Range Mask selection and got the bounding box. I selected another tool and the bounding box has stopped appearing when I click OK to my mask. I continue to get the giant marching ants. I tried once again to set my preference/performance to uncheck "use graphics card" and nothing changed except the subject in my image strobes. So I rechecked the box. Wondering if my graphics card might be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines