Gif editing management

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to add an image to my gif.

When I add it, the image gets added to the whole timeline, I want this.

But when I edit the image, the whole timeline gets changed.

Is it possible for me to add an image to a whole timeline quickly, but then be able to edit a single frame one by one specifically?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at my com6to double check, but if you right click on the timeline flyout menu, there is an option to turn that off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
AndrewQQ AUTHOR
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure which option I need to check

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck this then add your layer.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
AndrewQQ AUTHOR
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This allows me to edit the frames one by one, but then I would need to add the image to every single frame.

I would like to start off with the image in all the frames, but then only be able to edit the frame one by one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can step through the frames and edit any you want to change. So a add the layer to all frames and step through the frames and edit the ones you want change. Change visibility of layer in the frame move layers positions, change layers opacity and layers effects.  

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
AndrewQQ AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the option unchecked, if I move the new layer around in any of the frames, it gets copied to all other frames

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines