• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GIF Export/Render Issue (Photoshop 2020)

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a bit of help figuring out what is the matter with my GIF exports

The problem:
Doesn't register as a readable GIF file when uploaded to any website or social media (that includes: Facebook, Twitter, Discord or FB Messenger) - It only shows up as a download file (samples below from GIF uploaded 1-3 times from messenger, discord, and twitter and the error that shows up)

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.55.30 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.55.40 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.56.51 AM.png

I managed to render it before the error happened. It's supposed to look like this:

Untitled-1.gif 

(Animation working before the error)

 I had a recent project that required me to render as a GIF with a transparent background and the only setting I am aware of changing was the "preset" and "transparency" (I also rendered it without a background)

Even here in adobe I cannot upload the version of the GIF animation with the error (And it was even rendered from the same photoshop file) It shows up as: 

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 1.05.11 AM.png

I even double checked if it's actually resigstered as a GIF on my computer (left side is the working GIF file before the error - on the right is the GIF file not readable to any website or app)
Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 1.09.38 AM.png

I hope somebody can answer my issue. It's really difficult to render GIFs properly without the help of Photoshop 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We need some more information to help you out:

• Please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working on.
  • Share a screenshot of the File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) dialog.
  • Did you create the gif from a video? Would you mind sharing some info about your workflow?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operating system I use is Mac OS Catalina ver. 10.15.6 and I use Photoshop 2020

And here is the Save for Web presets I usually use:
Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.52.25 AM.png

The odd thing is that it opens and reads fine on my computer, but when I try to upload it to any website or app like Giphy, Facebook, FB messenger, Discord, or Twitter (places where you can easily upload a GIF file and it appears normally without any issues) The file is not readable or displays as a download link and not a GIF animation

Here is a download link of the two GIFs (the working and not working one) to check if the error is my computer's problem or if it really is a render error:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lUZTncBNG_XGj3UEt4QeGb_Y4wNONtdx?usp=sharing

I checked if there are other problems, and it seems the GIF rendering is the only issue I have (it still renders normally as an image or image sequence, but not as GIF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animation I did was hand drawn directly on the timeline layers Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.16.35 PM.png

When animation is done I go to File > Export > Save for Web and normally render as GIF 128 Dithered

The problem started happening when I animated a project and exported as a "GIF with a transparent background" (here is the said transparent BG aniamtion I did):  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ebLnhMUN0SHshi-6FIoi_1X2tIC5Bodj?usp=sharing

(It also doesn't upload normally to any website or app) - I think it's because it lacks a solid BG, but after I did this animation, I put the presets back for normal GIFs with solid BGs

Here are my presets for GIFs with no BG

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.27.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EZ GIF online animated GIF maker

https://ezgif.com/maker

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a bit of time has passed, but I came across the same problem. 

I was able to troubleshoot it, so I thought I'd add my solution here. Normally when changing the name of the file to save I highlight everything and delete the .png, .gif suffix in the title, and the file saves as this type any way. With this you need to make sure that you name the file XXXX.gif before saving. That fixed the problem for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kaileen5D42 your file that is not working is missing the .gif extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines