• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to do animations on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animation is the main thing I use Photoshop on. I’d love to able to do animations  on my iPad like I do with my desktop with Photoshop.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will love that to 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with a nice timeline! not like "procreate" please!haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering how many other animation apps are out there, some providing quite a few options in the way of brushes, layer blend modes and number of available layers, that all allow for frame by frame animation, I’m hopeful that a timeline will be a feature in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This feature is my final barrier to acquire the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%, especially about having a timeline. Animation by layers in procreate is maddeningly frustrating when you start adding more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I like to do some frame by frame animation work with Adobe Photoshop. Currently my set up is:

2019 Macbook Pro

2020 iPad Pro

Luna Display (3rd party hardware that turns iPad into second monitor)

I love my Lunda display as it lets me pull photoshop and its timeline into my iPad so I can do some frame by frame work. I know there's an iPad app for photoshop but it doesn't do animation yet. 

I was wondering if there are any other animators out there who use a similar set up. I'm also wondering if anyone uses a Mac Mini, a Lunda Display device, and their iPad to animate. I know Mac Mini's Intel UHD Graphics 630 isn't very strong. However, I'm curious to see if there are folks out there who don't mind that graphics card. 

Thanks for taking the time! Looking forward to the community's response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if there's a way to create an animated gif on the photoshop app. I know to make a gif you gotta use the timeline but I can't figure out if there's a way to access the timeline on the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Yet another thing the mobile app is lacking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now there is a timeline, but please make it some worthy "animation timeline tools", now its a pain to use ps to animate. the ligth table, the way you move and create frames its sooo frustrating. learn from tvpaint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! TIMELINE and ANIMATION! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop mobile doesn’t have convert to animation framePhotoshop mobile doesn’t have convert to animation frameI love Fresco on my iPad for drawing, and made motion layer , but now I need to convert to psd so that I can upload for class homework assignment that asks us to submit psd file. Screenshot shows what happens when convert to psd on iPad app.... not available. 

in class, we are learning frame -by - frame animation and we're shown how to do this in photoshop https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-frame-animations.html . I'm just trying to export my fresco file that has frame animations -- into format for psd so that my prof will see psd frame animations

I am using Fresco because when I try using sidecar to use my iPad as drawing tablet, and drag the desktop version of Photoshop to my iPad....... the buttons are tiny and hard to click on iPad gen 4. I am finding if Fresco can do same thing, with more screen estate, then it makes my learning easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate