• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GIF won't export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having SO many issues trying to get an animated gif (cinemagraph) to export in photoshop. Screenshot attached so you can see the error message and my settings. This is a fairly small gif and I've saved some that are MUCH much bigger so why the heck are all of my gifs suddenly giving me so many issues??? Photoshop up to date, plenty of memory, 80% ram dedicated to running photoshop. HELP ME! What am I doing wrong??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You attached png shows you are on a Mac are trying to use save for web and there is an unknown error.  You have a document in Photoshop for there is a preview is the save for web interface. However, we had no idea of what you document may be like as all we can see is your saved for web UI.  No document info are there layers has a video or frame animation time line been created.  No information about which Photoshop version you are using what mac OS you use. Photoshop can use 80% of some amount of Ram. Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 4.44.14 AM.png

Many things are unknown.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing the same issue for the past few months.

I have previously worked in the advertising and marketing industry where exporting videos as GIFs for social media and digital ad campaigns was the largest money maker. Nowadays my role is more user experience orientated and there are other applications which excell Adobe XD, hence Adobe is never used in my current role, after using it for 10+ years solid! 

we still have Adobe licences as it is useful in UX to occasianally create an animation and convert to a GIF, or even convert demos into GIFs for power point presentations.

Seen as exporting for GIF is the ONLY real use-case for my large corporation to continue extending licences with Adobe, and we are unable to do this for nearly a year now, I think it's time to unsubscribe and find other (cheaper & working) alternatives.

I get the same error as JJMack above.

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 18.52.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you also on a Mac?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines