• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gifs won't play in messages

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I watched many tutorials and I couldn't get anything to work- I created a small gif and saved for web (legacy) with 128 Dithered. I use a mac, and saved with default settings. That is all the information I could find through watching tutorials, yet when I send it in a text it sends as an attachment instead of a gif, meaning you have to click on it in order for it to play. It does play when clicked on, but I am wondering how to save it so it will play like other gifs in texts? When I view how it saved on my Mac it shows the individual frames still. I don't know what I'm doing wrong- I am open to any and all suggestions, gifs are new territory for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attaching the GIF as an image or as a file? I know you said that it sends it as a file attachment, so I'm assuming you are trying to attach it as an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it shows the individual frames on your Mac, that's only because it opened into the Apple Preview application by default; that’s how Preview shows images with multiple components or frames. If you open the GIF on your Mac into most other software, it should play as an animated GIF. For example, if you dragged the GIF into a web browser window, it should play as an animated GIF.

I don’t know the answer to how to get it to play in messages, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your gif in a browser window and it should play. Select and copy the gif and paste into your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines