• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch: Can't change JPG default app to Photoshop in Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update of Photoshop CC to 22.3 has killed my option to set the default app for JPG to Photoshop. I'm on Windows 10 (20H2). All the other picture files work, but not JPEG or JPG. I've tried changing the default app every way (Open with, Default apps, Properties) but nothing changes. JPGs only open with Photos unless I choose Open with or open from within Photoshop. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem or have a fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is not in Photoshop that you can adress this issue.

You must do it on windows desktop.

right click on a JPEG file and ask Open with. chosse Photoshop and check the box down Always use this app…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my original post says, I have tried that, along with many other ways, but those aren't working for this issue. I do understand that this may be a glitch between Windows 10 and Adobe, but it coincidentally happened after an Adobe CC update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably caused by uninstalling a previous Photoshop version after the new one was installed. Unfortunately, this is the sequence the CC app does it. This can cause registry keys to become orphaned.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop should fix it. In the future, always follow version order, last in, first out etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines