• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch in Photoshop 21.0.3 release. Oversaturation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow, once completed, is always exported (file>export>export as) to a given folder as it permits me to resize the image and convert it to sRGB while saving it as a Jpeg.

However, when re-opening this in the latest version of PS (21.0.3) the colour are always way to over saturated in the red spectrum and nothing like the completed image that was saved.

Even more furiating is that if I open that self same Jpeg image in any other program - including Bridge or the earlier version of PS, the image appears properly - as it was when I originally saved it.

Has any one else had a similar problem and how do I report this obvipous glitch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Dave is right, you always need to make sure the profile is embedded, especially in Export which doesn't do it by default.

Still, it sounds like your monitor profile isn't used by Photoshop, or the wrong profile is used. Or the profile is corrupt/defective.

What monitor are you using, make and model?

Are you using a calibrator to make your profiles, and if so which one?

Have you changed anything at all in Photoshop's color settings, and if so what?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs Adobe video & audio apps
-FEATURE REQUEST/BUG REPORT FORM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you exported , did you check both "Convert to sRGB" and "Embed Color Profile"?

Both should really be checked by default but unfortunately they are not.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your imput. Please see my response to the next post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave is right, you always need to make sure the profile is embedded, especially in Export which doesn't do it by default.

Still, it sounds like your monitor profile isn't used by Photoshop, or the wrong profile is used. Or the profile is corrupt/defective.

What monitor are you using, make and model?

Are you using a calibrator to make your profiles, and if so which one?

Have you changed anything at all in Photoshop's color settings, and if so what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for replying, but your presumption is incorrect.

I have used this proceedure for may years and it has never been an issue before.

The screen on my iMac 27 is calibrated and the profile was, as alway embedded when exported.

The issue only appears when the image is reopened in the latest version of photoshop.

If I open the SAME image in the last version of PS (2019) the image appears how it should be and how it also appears in Bridge and several other applications that I have used to view it.

I hope this clarifies my issue and thank you for your imput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note.  I have cleared the caches and purged PS as well.

I have even deleted and reinstalled a new copy of it from the cloud.  The problem still persists, but only in the latest version.

I am using the previous version as a 'workaround' and I am not experiencing the same problem.

I would enmphasise that this only ever occurs in the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show :

a. A screenshot of your colour settings in teh current version

b. Attach an example image that we can load into the latest versions that we have installed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The screen on my iMac 27 is calibrated and the profile was, as alway embedded when exported."

How do you calibrate the iMac display? Which profile is embedded in the file?

With respect, it doesn't sound like you're very familiar with color management. That's OK, that's not a criticism. Usually it just works out of the box. But there are some scenarios where the chain breaks, and that's what happens here. This is a break in the color management chain.  Either the document profile or (more likely) the monitor profile isn't handled correctly here.

Help us help you. Don't just assume we don't know what we're talking about, because we do. But to pinpoint the exact issue we need more information. We're not in front of your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if I made led you into thinking that I thought you didn't know what you were talking about. That was not the case.

Following your original advice, I tried it with an alternative (in built) colour profile - to find your advice was correct. I thus deleted the profiles I had previously made (some of which were old anyway) with my ColorMunki Photo.  I subsequently made a new profile which works a treat.

Thank you for your advice and I apologise unconditionally.

As stated previously, your efforts were and are fully appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, glad it worked out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines