Glitch in photoshop forcing my cursor to bottom right corner of screen. Help!

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I've updated from Photoshop 2020 to Photoshop 2021, reset the preferences file, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop... yet the problem persists. 

My computer (PC) behaves normally until I open PS. Once I open PS my cursor gets stucks at the bottom right corner of my monitor (near the date and time). If I drag the mouse around I can get it to jitter around but it ultimately ends up staying stuck in the same place. Using Alt+Tab is the only way I can get out of photoshop and thus regain control of my mouse. 

I feel like I've tried everything I could. Any ideas as to what this could be or what I could do about it?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you have restarted your computer.

A couple of other quick questions....

1.) What type of computer are you using?

2.) Is this only happening in Photoshop?

3.) What type of mouse are you using?  Does it run on a battery?

I am guessing the mouse is a laser as most are.  If it is happening other times it could be the mouse.

Another thing you might try is reinstalling the drivers for the mouse.  That might help as well.  The company that made the mouse should have the drivers available online.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines