GPU barely fails photoshop passmark statistics, does it matter?

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I noticed that my system's Nvidia Quadro P1000 isn't up to spec with PS's recommended graphics requirements (Photoshop recommends a gpu that can perform at least 2000 ops/sec); my gpu scores at like ~1950 ops/sec according to Passmark. I'm wondering how much of a discrepency is allowable with flops or if this even matters; basically I'm wondering if I should further upgrade my discrete graphics to improve performance. I still experience slowdown with layer styles, blur gallery, puppet warp, large brushes, etc. although it's a substantial improvement the p620 I used to have -- that was pretty much untenable. I was leaning towards a GTX card but the disadvantage with those is inability to work in 10-bit color and maybe inferior accuracy/reliability wrt to image reproduction? Any insight would be valuable thanks. 

TOPICS
FAQ, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU barely fails photoshop passmark statistics, does it matter?

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I noticed that my system's Nvidia Quadro P1000 isn't up to spec with PS's recommended graphics requirements (Photoshop recommends a gpu that can perform at least 2000 ops/sec); my gpu scores at like ~1950 ops/sec according to Passmark. I'm wondering how much of a discrepency is allowable with flops or if this even matters; basically I'm wondering if I should further upgrade my discrete graphics to improve performance. I still experience slowdown with layer styles, blur gallery, puppet warp, large brushes, etc. although it's a substantial improvement the p620 I used to have -- that was pretty much untenable. I was leaning towards a GTX card but the disadvantage with those is inability to work in 10-bit color and maybe inferior accuracy/reliability wrt to image reproduction? Any insight would be valuable thanks. 

TOPICS
FAQ, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Tim5C97 LATEST
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize i forgot to list other specs lol: 

Lenovo p330 sff running Windows 10 pro up-to-date

16 gb single channel ddr4 ram

Dual 512 gb NVMe M.2. SSDs, dedicated scratch partition etc. 

six core I7-8700 non-k, base freq. 3.2 ghz, turbo 4.6 ghz

Quadro P100 w 4 gb VRAM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0