• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Not showing in Performance settings after updating Photoshop to version 21.2 [Edit: 21.2.1]

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU Not showing in Performance settings after updating Photoshop to version 21.2 [Edit: now 21.2.1 also].

Reverting to an older version enables the use of the GPU again.

I went through all the GPU Troubleshooting guide and having the latest driver didn't resolve the issue.

The GPU under "Detected Graphics Processor" appears empty/blank.

Using Windows 7.

GPU: GTX 980ti.

Adobe Photoshop v21.2 Detected Graphics Processor Blank.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's an issue with version 21.2 and I have reported here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

Adobe are looking into the issue and hopefully will provide a fix in the next update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try updating to version 21.2.1, it has fixed the issue for me, GPU is now been detected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated Photoshop to the new version 21.2.1. The GPU still appears missing. There is a small change in the "Help > System info" menu - The GPU is listed correctly:

• glgpu[0].GLName="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti"

Unlike the previous version (21.2) where the GPU didn't even appear in the System Info list.

I tried doing a clean install, still, the GPU doesn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try going into the Nvidia control panel and adding Photoshop.exe and Sniffer.exe to the 3D settings

2020-07-21 09_30_43-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I mentioned in the post "I went through all the GPU Troubleshooting guide". I'm familiar with technical issue solving.

In short, yes, I did go to the Nvidia control panel and changed the Adobe Photoshop app to use the dedicated GPU (980ti).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines