• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Performance for LR CC (2015) & PS CC (2017)

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how much LR & PS in their latest iterations rely on the GPU. I am looking to upgrade my system that is used specifically for these two applications and want the best bang for my buck. Can anyone from Adobe or anyone with knowledge on the subject inform me? I use LR to catalog and edit 50MP+ files, and PS to apply transformations, stitches, and layered adjustments to those files. I'm not sure if LR & PS have different aspects within the program that rely more on GPU and some that rely on CPU.

Any help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi adamfratus,

Photoshop rely heavily on Graphics processor to work almost everything like with 3D, filters and smooth in-app experience. However, Lightroom only uses GPU in the develop module for better and fast rendering of your images.

These two articles should cover what you need.See Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ and Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi adamfratus,

Photoshop rely heavily on Graphics processor to work almost everything like with 3D, filters and smooth in-app experience. However, Lightroom only uses GPU in the develop module for better and fast rendering of your images.

These two articles should cover what you need.See Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ and Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines