Highlighted

GPU Processing Unavailable

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

Pretty common issue, starts up with an error saying can't use the GPU and the options in Performance are greyed out. I've fixed this issue on my home machine in the past by mucking around with beta drivers and such but haven't turned up anything for this specific model laptop/GPU in my googling.

I've just been set up with a Dell G7 7700 for work and it's got an RTX 2070 in it, along with an i7-10750H.

I assumed it'd be the dual GPU thing laptops do but even after disabling, trying both on the latest drivers etc etc I can't seem to get it sorted. Running latest version of PS too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU Processing Unavailable

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

Pretty common issue, starts up with an error saying can't use the GPU and the options in Performance are greyed out. I've fixed this issue on my home machine in the past by mucking around with beta drivers and such but haven't turned up anything for this specific model laptop/GPU in my googling.

I've just been set up with a Dell G7 7700 for work and it's got an RTX 2070 in it, along with an i7-10750H.

I assumed it'd be the dual GPU thing laptops do but even after disabling, trying both on the latest drivers etc etc I can't seem to get it sorted. Running latest version of PS too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look here, escpecially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Also make sure you install the Studio driver and not the Game Ready

2020-08-26 09_00_47-Download Drivers _ NVIDIA.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the advice from Ged, when you install the studio driver, choose advanced options and then check clean install. That should ensure remnants of the old driver are not carried forward.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Beau5EE1 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep tried both of those things I'm afraid, done all the usual stuff I can think of and went through that guide which is why I'm a bit stumped.

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines