Grabbing the wrong layer

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of CC Photoshop in Windows 10 64 Pro.  I am used to highlighting the layer I want to move in the layers palette, and then moving the layer, no matter what is on top or bottom.  Now I cannot move a layer unless i click right on it to drag it or use cursor keys.

What is the setting I need to change?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grabbing the wrong layer

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of CC Photoshop in Windows 10 64 Pro.  I am used to highlighting the layer I want to move in the layers palette, and then moving the layer, no matter what is on top or bottom.  Now I cannot move a layer unless i click right on it to drag it or use cursor keys.

What is the setting I need to change?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have Auto-Select enabled in the Move Tool Options.

if so, uncheck Auto-Select and see if that's any better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If @Jeff Arola answer does not help please post screenshot with entire Ps windows and Layers panel visible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 2