Gradient Crash on Macbook Pro M1

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Photoshop '21 on Mac is crashing every single time I try to use a simple gradient fill on any shape or layer. It hangs to the beach ball and then doesn't respond, necessitating a manual program closure. I can't do anything with the layers I need to work with. What steps should I take to rectify this issue, as it renders the application useless for the purposes of my current workflow. 

I'm on a brand new M1 MBP at full specs, and have restarted and reinstalled the app to the latest version. 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient Crash on Macbook Pro M1

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Photoshop '21 on Mac is crashing every single time I try to use a simple gradient fill on any shape or layer. It hangs to the beach ball and then doesn't respond, necessitating a manual program closure. I can't do anything with the layers I need to work with. What steps should I take to rectify this issue, as it renders the application useless for the purposes of my current workflow. 

I'm on a brand new M1 MBP at full specs, and have restarted and reinstalled the app to the latest version. 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2021 0

Have something to add?