• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Editor now not accessible

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CC 20.0.1 and have just struck some issues with the gradient editor not appearing.

So when I select gradient from either the adjustment layer area or clicking Image>Adjustments>Gradient Map, on clicking the dropdown to select a gradient, the editor does NOT open. 

Screen Shot 2564-04-06 at 07.29.00.png

How is it possible to reset this tool so it works correctly? It was fine earlier this morning, but now won't bring up the Gradient Editor window at all

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to the Window menu and open the (newish) Gradient panel. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/gradient-tool.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jane

Thanks so much for your reply, but no such beast appears to exist, at least not in my version on MacOS

Screen Shot 2564-04-06 at 08.19.57.png

Ever encountered the issue at your end?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, you said Adobe Photoshop CC 20.0.1 (PS 2019) and it came out with the next version.

Try resetting the Gradient tool in the options bar. If that doesn't work, you might need to go to Photoshop > Preferences > Reset Preferences on Quit. Backup any customization first.

jane-e_0-1617676382002.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get the Gradient Editor click on the area just below where it says Gradient Fill.

ge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines