Highlighted

Gradient layer style move bug?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing the following,

normaly when applying the gradient layer style, you can move the gradient around, which for me works if I don't change the colour. However, if I apply a gradient layer style, change the colour (of course from the layer style menu, I'm entering the gradient editor, changing colour and pressing ok) I can longer move the gradient around unless, I press ok to exit the layer style menu, then entering the layer style menu once again, I can then move the gradient around as I please. This happens every time I change the colour of the gradient.

Prevously, I could move the gradient style around regardless if I changed the color, never having to exit gradient layer style menu and then re-entering to able to move the gradient.

A tiny little issue I found about 6 months ago (maybe more), I thought it would just be fixed in one of the patches but hasn't yet.

Cheers

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient layer style move bug?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing the following,

normaly when applying the gradient layer style, you can move the gradient around, which for me works if I don't change the colour. However, if I apply a gradient layer style, change the colour (of course from the layer style menu, I'm entering the gradient editor, changing colour and pressing ok) I can longer move the gradient around unless, I press ok to exit the layer style menu, then entering the layer style menu once again, I can then move the gradient around as I please. This happens every time I change the colour of the gradient.

Prevously, I could move the gradient style around regardless if I changed the color, never having to exit gradient layer style menu and then re-entering to able to move the gradient.

A tiny little issue I found about 6 months ago (maybe more), I thought it would just be fixed in one of the patches but hasn't yet.

Cheers

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not experiencing that. You could try resetting preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatly, I did try this method already and it did fix a problem I was having generating a normal map but did not resolve the issue described.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try an uninstall/reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the new method to try to help solve the issue, I followed the instructions step by step, uninstalled adobe createive cloud, all the apps and did the steps I was suppose to.

All that and I still have the same issue, any other ideas?

So very thankful for your time and effort

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been discovered for anyone else? Is there any place I can send diagnostic report or something, I know its not a huge issue, its just convenient.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It's not that big of a deal, but it is kind of anoying. Did you find any solution for it ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying agreed! unfortunately, this has not been resolved for me and I continue to have to deal with this annoyance in my workflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've suddenly begun to have this issue as well. It's not a serious as some other bugs, but it is rather annoying when it worked fine in previous versions. I donno how the coders keep up with everything - glad it's them and not me. I'd have broken Ps if I was putzing around with the code all the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0