• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient live preview

Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why there's no live preview of the Gradient in Photoshop?!

I've heard there's such a feature in Illustrator...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

gradient.gif

That's what I mean! Found this in Illustrator topic

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/gradient-tool-no-live-preview/td-p/10717978?page=1

They made it for the blend modes, why not to improve the Gradient too? it would be much handy to use.

P.S. I'm too lazy to register on multiple sites, maybe later. By the way, the online support agent reassured me, they do read the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check thr following video it will help you.........regards

https://youtu.be/Faf3cUZ7fcw

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't, there's still no live preview)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you mean by live preview it shows preview when you apply it 

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you apply it

that's the point! I wanna see it before to correct immediately and save time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you applying the gradient? In IA, they are all vector shapes, so the gradient is apply to a vector image. In PS, gradients can be applied to a pixel layer or to a vector shape layer. With a pixel layer, you have to define the gradient first, draw it out, then you can see the results. If it is applied to a vector layer, or an adjustment layer, or to an layer overlay, then you can see a live preview of the changes to the gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a pixel layer, you have to define the gradient first, draw it out, then you can see the results. 

That's what I'm talking about! It's not handy. Why they've made real time preview of the blend modes and cannot do the same for the Gradient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because PS has no way of knowing how you're going to draw out the gradient: the starting point, the length, and the direction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't understand the point at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a feature request for live preview, post your suggestion here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not here? I used a proper tag. why should I register on 10 different sites??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand the point, very well, and there are some of us trying to get Adobe to update and how gradients are edited. While I like the idea, it would require a complete rewrite of the gradient code

Something I don't think Adobe is too willing to do. The other thing about it is having a preview and a commit button for the gradient would slow down other people's workflow.

While Adobe does look at this site for feature request, they tend to look more at the link that I posted. The more votes a request gets, the more likely they are to do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gradient.gif

That's what I mean! Found this in Illustrator topic

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/gradient-tool-no-live-preview/td-p/10717978?page=1

They made it for the blend modes, why not to improve the Gradient too? it would be much handy to use.

P.S. I'm too lazy to register on multiple sites, maybe later. By the way, the online support agent reassured me, they do read the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines