• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Mask / Photographic Toning (Presets Missing)

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of photoshop (21.0.3)

I can't find the photographic toning presets in the gradient mask panel (gradient editor). The menu, in the top right corner looks also very different from what I've seen here (as you can see in screenshot). The Legacy Gradients option is missing entirely.Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-22 um 23.33.14.png

This is driving me crazy. I've tried all the solution I found in this forum to no effect. I've also tried importing them from Photoshop's 2019 presets/gradients folder but they are missing there too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you all!

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences, as it should show on the list that you have in your screen shot.

gradients.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but I've tried to restore the default gradients and all that does ist to duplicate the already existing folders.

It is strange as all other options, that show in the pull down menu, in your screenshot (like linear gradients, radial, angle, refelcted, diamond) are also missing. This seems very odd to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean reset the Photoshop preferences. Something is wrong, if the legacy gradients don't show up in your menu list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried, again to no effect. The menu hasn't changed and the legacy gradients are still missing.

Will try a clean install, once I get a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the correct answer at-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-gradient-map-photo-toning-presets-gone/m-p/1...

(It worked for me with Release 21.0.2 )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks for your reply anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Window>Gradients to see Legacy Gradients from the fly-out menu.

grad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only thing that actually worked. It was driving me crazy! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it work for me too and I had a couple hrs trying everything, uninstalling and installing and just with the window work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree this method worked for me aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines