Highlighted

Gradient tool is broken

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is annoying me to high heaven

I want a foreground to transparent grad, and I'm using the grad tool.

Untitled-2.jpg

now before you didn't have these folders (an extra annoying step in the work flow tbh) but when I click the F>T option ... its a solid colour fill. when I click the bar to change it shows this.

Untitled-3.jpg

whats going on here? Im I broken of the tool? What changed? (I have a deadline btw and this is ballsing me up!)

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient tool is broken

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is annoying me to high heaven

I want a foreground to transparent grad, and I'm using the grad tool.

Untitled-2.jpg

now before you didn't have these folders (an extra annoying step in the work flow tbh) but when I click the F>T option ... its a solid colour fill. when I click the bar to change it shows this.

Untitled-3.jpg

whats going on here? Im I broken of the tool? What changed? (I have a deadline btw and this is ballsing me up!)

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either I can’t follow your desription (please post more meaningful screenshots and don’t clip them) or I just can’t reproduce the issue. 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

If you dislike the Groups you can move the relevant Gradients out and remove them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the word 'Solid' for Gradient Type? Click on it and you'll understand what that means. It does not mean that you'll apply a solid color, but that the color of the gradient is smooth. The alternative is to add a bit of noise, to avoid banding.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not like that you can use the gradient Palette delete all the groups. Load the old legacy group and move all the gradient out of the folders an delete the empty folder own your gradient palette

.Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines