Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradients and other tools

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

For the love of all that is decent, STOP changing my tools!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I update, I reach for a tool, a preset, a shape, a gradient, and it's all different. Then, I get to spend time trying to figure out where you hid everything or how to reset it back to what I've been using....for the past twenty years.

Either stop it, or at least put a little button to revert. You are murdering my workflow, slowing me down, and making me DREAD updating. It's awful. I know it's fun for you to think of new ways to "help" people be more productive, but I already WAS productive.

Thanks.

tl;dr: stop hidng my tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: the secret to putting it back is to open the tool panel uner Window > Gradients (or shapes, etc)

Hit the little hamburger menu in the top right and look for "Legacy _______"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you were referringt to the general Preset overhaul in the Photoshop 2020 upgrade? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. And Shapes, and heaven knows what else waits to surprise me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember when it became impossible to select Whites, Neutrals and Blacks in Selective Color Adjustment( Layer)s via Keyboard Shortcuts because cmd-0, cmd-1 and cmd-2 were reassigned otherwise? That one still annoys me after I am not sure how many years … 

But ultimately I am afraid it’s a spilt milk hind of situation. 

The sooner one gets over it the better; one can register one’s complaint over on feedback.photoshop.com but that does not seem very likely to bear tangible results in the near future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I liked it when you couldn't change the size of text without manually typing the numbers in because the font size box went nuts otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I liked it when you couldn't change the size of text"

I liked it when Text became live editable text and was no longer pixels that you had to remember to create a new layer for first. 😊 Most changes take a short while to adjust to. Here's the Help page for the other new features, and always feel free to ask here!

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Can you give an example? The Gradient Tool itself hasn't really changed much. It's new(er) features like the Gradients panel that have added options. (And I love it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine. If they want to add new presets and abilities, that's fine. Point being, the default behavior / presets I've been using forever ought to be easily accessible like a simple tick mark.

The old default gradients aren't even there anymore! You've got to open a sidebar and intentionally go find it and turn it back on. That kind of change isn't just a matter of adding new features, it's hiding the ones I use every day and making me go find them. That's what annoys me.

Like changing the way Transform worked and they had no way to revert it for months so people wrote their own scripts to go back. That's not a good user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Quite frankly I don’t understand what you are talking about exactly because I have experienced no noteworthy inreface changes on updating recently but feel free to post a Feature Request over on 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe staff drop by. I'm just being annoyed to the broader universe out there.

In this case, it's the reorganiztion of the gradient presets into color groups, hiding the older default setup. 90% of the time I just want a FG>trans gradient, not to rummage through color groups.

Shape tools were equally sub-sub-sub-foldered. Looking for shapes I use all the time added more steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines