• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics card not recognised in Photohsop 2021 on Windows (wacom cintiq companion)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !
So I have a Wacom Cintiq Companion (first model) with a Intel HD Graphics 4000, with the latest update. I installed the latest version of Photoshop, and to my surprise the graphics card is not recognised! It seems from what I've read that it is a problematic issue with the lastest versions of Photoshop.
Is there anything to do to make it work properly ?

Thanks,

Maxime

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021. With the latest version of Photoshop, the minimum system requirements have changed. Due to these changes the Intel HD 4000 grapphics card may no longer be supported.

We recommend a graphics card which a compute score of 2000 or higher in the benchmark. You can check the score for your card here: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#Unsupportedgraphicscards

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an old version of Photoshop till you need to get a new machine and then get a machine new Photoshop can run on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers ! I got an old version of Photoshop from the technical support (v.21 if I remember correctly), and my card is now recognised. I wish I knew about that before purchasing my subscription. Granted that the Wacom Cintiq Companion is now a bit old, but for now I can't afford any other alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure your not the only one in that life boat.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines