Exit

Graphics Processor Not Detected

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing this window

PHOTOSHOP TROUBLE.JPG

upon opening Photoshop CC 2019 makes me understand that there is something wrong with my graphics processor (is this the same as the graphics card?).

I went to Preferences > Performance, wanting to click the tickbox for PS to use my graphics processor, but I got this instead:

GRAPHIC PROCESSOR.JPG

Apparently, PS is not able to detect any information about it! Whenever I attempt to click on that tickbox, PS crashes. I've also tried it on PS CC 2017, which I was still able to use the day before yesterday. The very same message is there.

Image below shows info on my system, including that of my desktop's graphics processor:

Graphic system info.JPG

I've updated it to the latest version, and yet PS still cannot detect anything. I've also checked the list of PS tested cards at Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ and I think I see my driver card version there? Intel HD Graphics 630... Unless the P630 mentioned in the link means something else...

If anyone has any idea what's going on, please let me know. It'll be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Did you take a look at the GPU troubleshooting guide

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you take a look at the GPU troubleshooting guide

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. I followed it until step 3, but the graphics processor still cannot be detected, as mentioned above. Should I be trying the following steps as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes try all the steps that's applicable to you, it seems like you GPU driver is up to date, try using this Intel tool to see if there's anymore updates for your system

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the AMD software on my desktop and PS has now detected it as the new graphics processor somehow. So far so good. Thank you very much for your help, Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah you should have mentioned you had a dedicated AMD GPU as well, that would have saved some time, not to worry you got it sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise for that. I hadn't known anything about AMD and the other technical stuff until I looked through the list you linked me to. But yes, everything's sorted and well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, I would recommend enabling this option in preferences, it's causing a lot of issues for people with it disabled

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This helps solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Selecting legacy compositing worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legacy Compositing has been removed now.Even in 2019 edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics card NOT DETECTED... The answer to my problem is not listed in the problem resolution. Windows 10 64b installed new and up to date. AMD 5500XT graphics card with the only possible application from AMD, "Adrenalin". It is the creation of the ".psp" file at the first opening of PS which contains information that blocks the detection of the GPU. A solution?

Carte graphique NON DETECTEE... La reponse à mon probleme ne figure pas dans la resolution des problemes. Windows 10 64b installé neuf et à jour. Carte Graphique AMD 5500XT avec la seule application possible chez AMD, "Adrenalin". C'est la création du fichier ".psp" à la première ouverture de PS qui contient une information bloquent la detection du GPU. Une solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small correction: you say there is something wrong with the "graphics processor". That's the hardware on your graphics card: these can go wrong. But it's not what the message says. What it says is that there is a problem with your "display driver".

The display driver is the software that talks to your graphics card. These are constantly updated, and often have serious bugs, so chasing updates to drivers (or sometimes installing old versions of drivers) is a constant part of the life of the person with a powerful graphics card. At least Photoshop gives an early warning and stops using it, rather than just giving the wrong results or crashing later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so i came at this forum. in case someone still having this issue and have been wandering around looking for answer, If you are using Nvidia as a discrete graphic (in my case i am using AMD as Integrated), and this one might work for you. i just figured it out how to choose the GPU without disabling them , it's really simple.

1. You can set it on "Nvidia Control Panel" > Program Setting, and browse for your program "photoshop" for example. > Select the GPU, and set "Power Management Mode" to Maximum Performance. Restart

2. If you are using windows, search for "Display Setting" , and then look down below for "Graphic Setting". Choose "Classic app" and browse your program. After that Click "option" and you can choose between "Power Saving" or "High Performance". Restart

In my case, the 2nd option work for me. Also note that you need to update the GPU driver. Hope this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines