Highlighted

Gray Screen in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I've been experiencing a gray screen in Photoshop.

I use two monitors to design most of the time so if I am designing in Illustrator on one monitor and also have Photoshop running on my second monitor, sometimes I need to be able to look at both programs to design simultaneously.

What's hapenning is that I will look over to my monitor where I have Photoshop running and I am experiencing a GRAY screen. The artwork/design disappears and it only REAPPEARS if I click on the Photoshop canvas. It's very frustrating and a huge inconvenience.. especially if I am updating a smart object in PS that's a vector in Illustrator. I really need to see my canvas in PS and artboard in Illustrator at the SAME time.

I checked for updates, my softwares are up to date. I've tried troubleshooting based on other user's feedback in the community, such as going to Preferences > Performance and un-clicking 'Use Graphics Processor' but the problem persists.

I've attached screenshots of both my monitor screens and PS and Illustrator running at the same time.
Help!!

Thank you.

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gray Screen in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I've been experiencing a gray screen in Photoshop.

I use two monitors to design most of the time so if I am designing in Illustrator on one monitor and also have Photoshop running on my second monitor, sometimes I need to be able to look at both programs to design simultaneously.

What's hapenning is that I will look over to my monitor where I have Photoshop running and I am experiencing a GRAY screen. The artwork/design disappears and it only REAPPEARS if I click on the Photoshop canvas. It's very frustrating and a huge inconvenience.. especially if I am updating a smart object in PS that's a vector in Illustrator. I really need to see my canvas in PS and artboard in Illustrator at the SAME time.

I checked for updates, my softwares are up to date. I've tried troubleshooting based on other user's feedback in the community, such as going to Preferences > Performance and un-clicking 'Use Graphics Processor' but the problem persists.

I've attached screenshots of both my monitor screens and PS and Illustrator running at the same time.
Help!!

Thank you.

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?